The Ingatestone Physiotherapy & Acupuncture Practice, (Unit1A Little Hyde Farm, Little Hyde Lane, Ingatestone Essex CM4 0DU) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are attending for treatment.
This Privacy Notice relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us in person, by telephone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence. We are committed to safeguarding your personal information. When you provide such information we are legally obliged to use information with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information including GDPR data protection laws May 2018, and with all applicable clinical confidentiality guidelines.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which we collect and process personal data about you including our practices regarding the use, storage and disclosure of personal data that we collect from you and/or hold about you, and your rights in relation to that data.
When do we collect personal data about you?
We may collect personal data about you if you:
- Register to be a patient with us to receive any of our services or treatments.
- Contact us for example by telephone, email or SMS.
How do we use your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept confidential and secure and will, unless you agree otherwise only be used for the purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with this Privacy Notice, applicable Data Protection Laws, and clinical retention periods set out in the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy’s code of practice.
The security of your personal data
Sensitive personal data ( including information relating to your health and medical condition) will only be disclosed to third parties for legitimate purposes, detailed below:
- Referral to a Consultant for an expert medical opinion
- Your GP – We may also share information about your treatment with your GP but you can ask us not to do this, in which case we will respect that request.
- Your insurer – we share with your medical insurer information about your treatment and its clinical necessity, only if they are paying for all or part of your treatment with us.
- In an emergency and if you are incapacitated, we may also share your personal data with third parties such as the emergency services on the basis of protecting your “ vital interest” ( ie: your life or your health). This is also the only situation in which we will contact your next of kin from the details you have provided us with.
- We participate in a National Audit to ensure that patients are getting the best possible outcomes from their treatment and care. The highest standard of confidentiality will be applied to your anonymised personal data in accordance with the data protection laws. You can refuse consent to be involved in this audit, in which case we will respect that request.
Accessing and updating information
The law gives you certain rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you. Below is a short overview of the most commonly used rights:
- With some exceptions designed to protect the rights of others, you have the right to a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- You have the right to have the personal data we have about you corrected if it is factually inaccurate. It is however important to understand that this does not extend to matters of opinion, such as medical diagnosis.
If any of your personal data has changed, especially contact information such as postal address, telephone numbers and email address please let us know as soon as possible, so we can ensure your personal data is kept up to date.
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time, so we recommend you review this Privacy Notice regularly.
If you have any questions or requests in relation to our Privacy Notice please write to :
Catriona Guiver- Practice Owner
The Ingatestone Physiotherapy & Acupuncture Practice
Unit 1 A Little Hyde Farm
Little Hyde Lane
Ingatestone CM4 0DU
If you have any further concerns you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office ( ICO) directly – www.ico.org.uk